What students learn
During the higher school certificate (HSC) course, the students will learn about:
- health priorities in Australia
- factors affecting performance.
Plus two of the following topics:
- the health of young people
- sport and physical activity in Australian society
- sports medicine
- improving performance
- equity and health.
- oral presentations
- practical assessments and demonstrations
- project work.
The higher school certificatte examination is a three hour written examinations with five minutes reading time. It consists of:
- section 1 — Core modules, including multiple choice and short answer questions
- section 2 — Option modules, includes short answer and extended response questions.