What students learn:
- theory and practise
- to use scientific calculator
- to use technology where appropriate.
- written examinations
- oral presentations.
Successful completion requirements:
- stage 5.3/5.2 mathematics in year 10 (at least a band 4, 5 or 6 in the school certificate)
- organisational skills
- highly developed algebra skills
- self discipline
- working effectively in groups or independently
- strong graphing and tabulation skills.
What students study:
- basic arithmetic and algebra
- real functions
- trigonometric ratios
- linear functions
- the quadratic polynomial and the parabola
- plane geometry
- tangent to a curve and derivative of a function.
Special requirements of the course
- Successful completion of stage 5.3/5.2 mathematics in year 10.
- knowledge, understanding and skills (80%)
- reasoning, interpretative, explanatory and communicative abilities (20%).
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.