Studies of religion emphasises the development of skills of analysis, independent research, collaboration and effective communication. Visit religious places of worship, group work, research, powerpoint presentations, debates, and essay writing.
Higher school certificate (HSC) topics
- Part 1: Religion and belief systems in Australia post 1945.
- Part 2: Religious tradition depth study 1.
- Religious tradition depth study 2.
- Religious tradition depth study 3.
- Part 3: Religion and peace.
- Part 4: Religion and non-religion.
- Knowledge and understanding of course content — 40%.
- Source-based skills — 20%.
- Investigation and research — 20%.
- Communication of information, ideas and issues in appropriate forms — 20%.
- Part A: Religion and belief systems in Australia post-1945 (15 marks).
- Part B: Religion and non-religion (15 marks).
- Section two: Religious tradition depth study (30 marks).
- Section three: Religious tradition depth study (20 marks).