What students learn
- Compose and respond to a variety of written, spoken and visual texts — literary and everyday.
- Read widely as a means of understanding.
- Writing portfolios.
- Roleplay interviews.
- Oral presentations.
- Extended creative compositions and literary responses, including such forms as essays, narratives, and interview transcripts.
Successful completion requirements
- The ability to read and view a variety of texts.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a group.
What students study during the higher school certificate (HSC) course
- we are Australians — English in citizenship, community and cultural identity.
3-5 modules from:
- the way we worked — English for exploring the past through industrial events in Australia
- in the marketplace — English and the world of business
- discovery and investigation — English and the sciences
- part of the family — English and family life
- the big screen — English in film-making.
- Writing portfolio.
- Research assignment.
- Oral presentation/report.
- Viewing/listening task.
- Multiple choice, short answer and extended response tests.