What students learn
- Compose and respond to a variety of written, spoken and visual texts — literary and everyday.
- Read widely as a means of understanding.
- Writing portfolios
- roleplay interviews
- oral presentations
- extended creative compositions and literary responses, including such forms as essays, narratives, and interview transcripts.
Successful completion requirements:
- The ability to read and view a variety of texts
- the ability to work independently and as part of a group.
What students study
- Achieving through English: English and the worlds of education, careers and community.
3 to 5 modules from:
- Telling us all about it — English and the media
- digital worlds — English for the web
- playing the game — English in sport
- on the road — English and teh experience of travel
- landscapes of the mind — English and the creative arts.
- Career portfolio.
- Research assignment.
- Oral presentation/report.
- Viewing/listening task.
- Multiple choice, short answer and extended response tests.