Students in Year 7, 8 and 9 are invited to make application for Granville Boys High School selective stream 2021
Please contact Ms Ram, the deputy principal if you require further information go to the NSW Department of Education website.
In addition they must include the following supporting documentation:
- School reports for the past two years.
- Certificates of outstanding performance in relevant activities over the past two years.
- A summary of involvement in other activities, over the past two years, which may support the application.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residence status where applicable.
- National Assessment Program — Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) results from the previous two NAPLAN tests
- A profile of the student and their capabilities signed by the current school Principal.
A copy of the application form and supporting documentation must be returned to Granville Boys High School by the due date.
The suitability of applications for a class will be determined by a committee chaired by the Principal and consisting of the Deputy Principal of the relevant year and Head Teacher learning services.
The student's written application, including the documentation required, an interview and a short examination will form part of the process to determine the applicant's placement in a class where vacancies exist or a placement on a waiting list.
Vacancies year 8-9
As vacancies become available, the Principal or representative may consider inviting applicants from the waiting list.
Any student who can satisfy the selection committee that circumstance made it impossible to submit the application form, with supporting documentation, may apply for special consideration and may have those circumstances and the decision of the committee will be final.